a day in the life of jeannett

you are invited to spend a day in the life of her.
the gal who you might think has it all together.  the mama who seems to do it all. 
guess what?  she doesn't.

let's fight those lies.  this new series is an effort to dispel the superwoman myth.  it is a time to be encouraged and a place to be challenged. 

i have invited some wonderful women who want to be real with y'all.  they want to share their struggles and triumphs.  they want to give you a true glimpse into their everyday.  it might not be glamorous, but it is real and beautiful.

come walk a bit in the shoes of another.

***************************************************
i'd like to welcome jeannett.
her blog life rearranged is all sorts of goodness.

When Annalea asked if I would write a "day in the life" post, I thought "Sure! Why not? That sounds kinda fun!"
And then I realized something.
And maybe even panicked a little bit.
I'm boring.
I mean, really.
We live really simple lives.
Hectic, here and there lives...but overall pretty boring in the sense that my life probably looks a whole heck of a lot like the life of any suburban stay at home mom in America.
I'm a mom to three.
Henry who is 4 and twin 2 year old ladies named Lucy and Jill.
The good news is that the day I chronicled is really typical.
The bad news is that the day I chronicled is really typical.
Prepare yourselves for mediocrity...

 
I'm an early riser.
No alarm needed, my internal clock wakes me up at 5:30 everyday.
Sometimes earlier.
I need quiet alone time.
Need.
If I sleep in past 5:40, I'm a disaster the rest of the day...my mojo is all off.
I get a little over an hour to spend some quality time with my coffee (black, one scoop of sugar please) to deal with emails, write a blog post, tweet, and surf Pinterest

6:45:
Breakfast with the boy.
Who specifically requested a bagel.
Carbo load right before preschool.
This should bode well. 
7:00:
Today my girls were still sleeping when I had to creep in and wake Jill.
Normally, they'll sleep until anywhere from 7:30-8:00 (I know!!!) but Jilly has therapy today and she needs to eat some breakfast and get ready to go.
She was none too pleased with me.
She may only be 2 but she's got plenty of 'tude first thing.
Girl is not a morning person.
 
7:55:
Give brother a kiss goodbye as he heads off to his third day of preschool.
See the blurry?
Apparently kissing your little sister goodbye is super unhip.
Too bad.
Mom's gonna make you anyway.
Because it's cute and she's doing this blog post today and needs cute pictures. 

 
8:00:
Today we experiment with Daddy doing morning drop offs.
Which is helpful but means we have 5 carseats.
Three in my car for everyday use and 2 in Dad's truck for dropoffs to preschool and therapy.
Let the Chauffeur Shuffle Games BEGIN! 

 
 9:00:
Pick up Jilly from therapy.
Take note of your freshly manicured digits.
Hedge a bet against yourself on how much longer they'll look this nice.
I gave myself about 12 more hours.
I really don't even know why I bothered...but sometimes it's just nice to clean up that cuticle business.
Which always grosses me out as they clip it away. ::shudder:: 

9:30:
Potty training FAIL.
You wanna know how I even knew this happened???
Because I picked up Jill...who was SOAKING WET.
Looks like she crawled right through her sister's "peep peep".
Super awesome.
Super sanitary.
I strip Jill down and quickly run to the bathroom myself...silly me, what was I thinking???!!!
Because in the few minutes I used the restroom (so selfish!) and grabbed a Diet Pepsi, Jill managed to have a blowout diaper.
And to add insult to injury, decided to play in it... and... I won't get into details, but let's just suffice it to say that sharing is most definately not always caring folks.
I was wondering what was so funny in the other room... 

 
10:30:
My girls are both showering.
Because sometimes a baby wipe just ain't gonna get the job done.
Maybe I should have gotten myself a Margarita instead of a Diet Pepsi... 

 
12:15:
Preschool pick up.
Where his brand new Chucks looked like they were three years old all of a sudden.
Mental note: Don't send Henry to preschool with stuff you actually LIKE. 

 
1:00:
Naptime.
Which I signal to my children by loudly singing (in my best Bing Crosby voice of course): "It's the most wonderful time of the daaaayyyy!!! When the children are quiet asleep in their beeeeedddssss and mommy can breattttthhhheeee!"
Naptime is when I get all that stuff done that I can't seem to ever get done because I'm wiping up bodily fluids, breaking up fights, or sculpting elaborate figurines out of Play Doh.
Sometimes that's bloggy business related.
Sometimes that's paying bills (blech!).
Sometimes it's (gasp!) reading a book.
Today I made granola bars for preschool lunches.
Yes, I am that mom.
But I only play her on TV.
And poorly at that. 

3:30:
The Most Wonderful Time of the Day has ended.
Remedied by some trampoline time and watering the flowers out back. 

 
5:00:
Dinner prep.
In this case, potatoes in an ice bath.
You know, so they're nice and crispy cold for their deep frying.
Homemade french fries and Linguica sandwiches are on the menu tonight.
Don't judge. 

5:45:
While we wait for Daddy, we read a Bible story out of the Jesus Storytime Bible (which I cannot recommend highly enough).
Three sets of legs draped all over my lap.
Heaven.
Truly.

 
6:30:
After dinner, the whole fam loaded up and we went for an evening bike ride.
Presumably to ride off some of that grease.
But mostly because it's fun and the cool air feels nice after a long day.
And that, dear readers is my life.
A little bit of fun, a little bit of crazy, and a whole lot of love.
It's what we do.

***************************************************
thank you, jeannett, for sharing this day full of fun, crazy, and love.  such joy (and humor) amidst the beautiful ordinary.
xoxo,
annalea

0 comments:

Post a Comment

hey there. i love to read your comments! thanks for stopping by!