my first boule

my first boule

i did it!  last night we ate fresh homemade bread straight from the oven. 

four ingredients.  very little effort.  and oh so delicious! 

i used the master recipe (an artisan free-form loaf) from my new cookbook.

everyone was so impressed - especially luca!  his first response? 

mama, you made that?  that looks like bread we buy!

and even better was the fact that he gobbled down more than anyone else at the table. 

i planned on making rye, but the authors recommend getting familiar with this recipe first.  okay by me.  but by the end of the week, my mouth will demand that yumminess.

tonight's boule is resting and rising on the counter as i type. . .  oh happy baking!

3 comments:

kelly said...

yum yum, you can't beat homemade bread!

Unknown said...

Wow that's awesome! I would love to do that!

Peeper said...

I am inspired again :-)

"Bake bread" is on my list of things to do. A list that is too long. Why didn't God see fit to make the day with a few more hours?

Post a Comment

hey there. i love to read your comments! thanks for stopping by!