hey there, 2014

"Being sensible that I am unable to do anything without God’s help, I do humbly entreat him by his grace to enable me to keep these Resolutions, so far as they are agreeable to his will, for Christ’s sake."  -John Edwards  #happynewyear #2014 #letsdothis

i do not plan these blogging breaks so much as fall into them and wonder how the heck 6 weeks passed since my last post. and when the new year happens to land in the middle of it, i find myself saying hello to 2014 in february. well then, let's get on with it.

"Being sensible that I am unable to do anything without God’s help, I do humbly entreat him by his grace to enable me to keep these Resolutions, so far as they are agreeable to his will, for Christ’s sake."     -Jonathan Edwards

i don't really make "resolutions" as they are typically defined in this day and age. we make plans. i have goals. but some days - and months - just have a mind of their own and i get to the end of them and declare that pursuing first things is what i am really resolving to do.

"Put first things first and we get second things thrown in: put second things first and we lose both first and second things."     -C.S. Lewis

so for all of you fellow resolvers needing His grace and pursuers of first things, i remind you to choose joy and find beauty in your everyday.  also?

"But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,  I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."     Phillipians 3:13-14

xoxo,
annalea

3 comments:

KateEschbach said...

So good to hear from you dear friend. I will join you in looking for beauty!

Laura Robey said...

Glad you are "back"! :)

cailan said...

Sooo relieved that you didn't disappear for good!

Post a Comment

hey there. i love to read your comments! thanks for stopping by!