simple things sunday

inspired by lora's posts from the last few sundays, i have decided to join her in celebrating simple things that have brought joy to my life.

bright sunshiny day

as i made my gazillionth trip past the stairs this morning, i was stopped in my tracks by these rays of light.  i don't take the sunshine for granted during our dreary illinois winters and am thankful for these brief intermissions in normally gray skies.  the smudged, marred walls that can sometimes make me cringe brought a smile to my face.  i traced the fingerprints and scuff marks with my eyes.  they reminded me that even when life is messy and tough, joy can be found if viewed through the right filter.  if i allow my hope in God and His promise of reconciliation and renewal to be my perspective, the unsightly is transformed into beauty.

"To all who mourn in Israel,
he will give a crown of beauty for ashes,
a joyous blessing instead of mourning,
festive praise instead of despair.
In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks
that the Lord has planted for his own glory."
Isaiah 61:3

2 comments:

Lora said...

that is so good! thanks for the inspiration.. glad to be sharing simple things sunday with you, too. :)
i love that photo, by the way. beautiful!
lora

Amanda said...

Amen!! Love this and love the picture and love the thoughts. :)

Post a Comment

hey there. i love to read your comments! thanks for stopping by!