recovering

recovering

why does it take several days to prepare for a weekend away and an entire week to recover? i woke up this morning in a state of shock that it was 1) thursday and 2) april 8th. seriously? how did that happen? i have been slowly getting back into our groove, nothing too crazy mind you, but how did four days already pass?

after a seven month break, i am a bit rusty.  but here are some of the things that work for us:
  • not overpacking (part of our pre trip prep) - means less to unpack
  • keeping our meals simple and healthy
  • avoiding the temptation to stay up late
  • being okay with unpacked bags
  • concentrating on reinstating the kiddos nap and bedtime schedules
things i didn't do, but would like to remember in the future:
  • grocery shop before we leave
  • catch-up on laundry before we leave
  • arrive home at a decent hour (pulling in our driveway at 11:30pm = not so great)
what are your tips for pre trip planning and post travel recovery?  i'd love to hear what works for others.  and maybe borrow a couple ideas. . .

1 comments:

Peeper said...

I like to get home at least one day before I have to go back to work. Usually, I have to settle for getting home early afternoon before going to work the next day. I need to establish some kind of order or I lose my mind. That means the suitcases get unpacked and put away immediately. Otherwise, I truly can't function - it ruins my week!

Post a Comment

hey there. i love to read your comments! thanks for stopping by!