october is my favorite

hello october

hello lovelies!  it is really late and i have had a long week.  i feel all shriveled up and empty.  like something latched onto my brain and just sucked up all my words and rational thoughts.  i am a shell of emotions that make little sense and have burst into tears several times today.  just because.  i look at the chubby slobbery face of my youngest child and am overwhelmed that he can wave good-bye to his papi in the morning.  i change wet clothes after la princessa's third accident of the day and a wave of exhaustion pours over me.  the biggest of my littles is so curious and talkative and needs to tell me 164 facts about animals every hour.  oh sweet children.  mama does not have enough to give you.  i am sorry i am not always what you want but i pray God can help me be what you need.  and when i am not that, i will point you to Him.  right now, i am pointing.

but today is good.  it is the first day of my favorite month.  it is much too late for me to properly welcome october with adequate words, but i will welcome it with open arms.  i will let october seep into my pores.  thank you Father for a time of amazing color and yummy food and cooler weather.  i want to be filled with You and the beauty of your creation.  the creation that is pointing me to You.

3 comments:

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

such a lovely post annalea. i hope you find respite while your babies sleep.

Anonymous said...

Annalea, thank you for writing so candidly. There is not a mama out there who can not relate. And you are right...when all we can do is lift one hand, we should point to Him. Wishing a weekend of rest...
gina

Lora said...

i love your transparency! and i can totally relate!! i love october also, and i am so happy it is getting cooler.
by the way, you look BEAUTIFUL in this picture. wow. your head scarf is gorgeous and you wear that little nose ring so well. :)
pretty mama...

Post a Comment

hey there. i love to read your comments! thanks for stopping by!