today it feels official

 today it feels official

we are homeschooling.

i know i have mentioned it before. . . but today is different.   

today would have been luca's first day of public school.

wow.  more than anytime in the past, and possibly more than next week when we begin here at home,

today it feels official.  

this blog has always been about us, the hart clan.  the whats, hows, and wheres of this family.  i can't make it anything more than that.  just sharing our life.  i love that you read along.  i love the community here.

i think you will see a noticeable addition to the blog beginning this week.  now that we will be fully immersed in a new stage of life, my posts will reflect that.  i am excited to share more about what, how, and where we will be doing this crazy stuff.  and why we think it is not so crazy at all.

i would love to open up the comments here for any homeschooling questions y'all might have.  i will try to answer all of them in one (possibly long) post at the end of the week.  feel free to add anything until then.

6 comments:

~rachel~ said...

No homeschooling questions yet, I have been thinking a lot about it in the past few weeks (of course my son just started kindergarten at public school Friday). The more I am reading (books, blogs, websites) the more I am wishing this had crossed my mind months (or years) ago. Now I don't even know that it would work for us financially right now, but I feel like I am being pulled towards it... Looking forward to hearing about your journey :) I found your blog through Chambana moms, or course not related to homeschool at all...

Peeper said...

I don't know enough about homeschooling to ask an intelligent question. I'll read along, though, and hope to learn more about it.

Sarah said...

Wowsers. I just stumbled upon your blog through flickr of all places, and I am in *love*. Your sense of style, faith and family are fantastic! Keep it up, my dear!

I get what you mean about the homeschooling becoming official. My husband and I have been homeschooling 'officially' now for two years and it still gets me when we start another year. This year, my oldest is in 2nd grade and I am really feeling the pressure. History, geography, social studies, etc. Yikes! Both hubby and I were homeschooled all the way through, and yet I feel unequipped to do this job day in and day out. I guess that's why we need our Heavenly Father, yes?

Ann Boyd said...

Hi Annalea,

I've been thinking about homeschooling, too. Kindergarten is still a year away for my eldest, so I have a bit more time to think and read (just finished reading John Holt's "Teach Your Own," which is pretty amazing). Anyway, I do have a question...

My dear 4-year-old daughter is enrolled in a great part-time preschool right now that we both love. She loves "school" and the idea of "going to school," but I'm not so crazy about our kindergarten options. It's tough because so many books and movies are about kids in school. Have you come across any tips on how to break in a young school-enthusiast to the idea of staying home?

Anonymous said...

Annalea,
My friend sent me your blog when I was in the midst of deciding on homeschooling. That little desk just completely inspired me...we are officially homeschooling but don't start until next fall.
Everything about your blog has been so incredibly motivating...from your love for God, your children, interior design, cute little stores... I'm also in the midst of learning how to use my Canon and buying a sewing/embroidery machine. I'm excited to try some of your ideas!
I'm so thankful for creativity like yours!

Tara

Elizabeth Stallman said...

Where did you get those curtains?! I know, totally homeschool related :p

Post a Comment

hey there. i love to read your comments! thanks for stopping by!